logo image

Thanks Jan!

On the weekend we were saved from a potential fire by the swift action of neighbour Jan Palethorpe.

When passing the Chewton Cemetery she saw smoke. On checking she found it to be a smouldering log. One which could have very easily caused a fire.

She phoned 000 and they were on to it immediately (two trucks).

Thank you Jan for your quick thinking and for taking action!


Responses (2)

  1. Freewoman says:

    There have been fresh developments regarding this event. But the actions of a fellow Bushlander remain worthy of note!

  2. Abirken says:

    Well caught, Jan! Yes, Summer is coming, the winter was short and we must all remain vigilant, but in the meantime I hope we have a glorious Spring to enjoy!

Leave a Reply